October 3, 2018
Emergencies in schools are paramount issues that must be addressed in an expeditious and effective manner. Port Chester Middle School has a Comprehensive Safety Plan that aligns itself with the New York State SAVE legislation. The plan will enable us to make intelligent and responsible decisions to deal with any acts of violence or natural disasters.
The goal of Port Chester Middle School is to provide a SAFE and HEALTHY learning environment for all students, faculty, and staff. This plan gives us the confidence and “know how” to handle any crisis that may confront us in a safe and professional manner.
As part of our safety plan we include an “Evacuation Plan” in which our students would travel on foot to the Port Chester High School auditorium or stadium, depending on the weather, escorted by teachers and staff, along with the help of both Port Chester and Rye Brook Police Departments.
We will be having an Emergency Evacuation Drill on Friday, October 12th. This drill will include our entire student body. The students will be walking up Westchester Ave., taking a left on S. Ridge St., a right on Neuton Ave., a left on Tamarack Rd. and a right on College Ave., then proceed to the Port Chester High School stadium. In the event of inclement weather the Emergency Evacuation Drill will be cancelled.
These students will leave PCMS at approximately 1:30 p.m. with their teachers. We will dismiss from Port Chester High School at 2:50 p.m.
- Students in the after school programs and modified sports will walk back to PCMS accompanied by teachers and staff.
- Special Ed. students who take the bus will be picked up at the College Ave. driveway at 2:30 p.m.
- Regular Ed. students who take the bus will be picked up at the stadium exit on College Ave. at 2:50 p.m.
- Students walking home will be dismissed from the north end of the stadium at 2:50 p.m.
- Parents driving to pick up their children will pick them up on College Ave. The students will wait on the sidewalk at the end of the driveway.
On this day, Port Chester High School is having their “Homecoming Weekend” Pep Rally at 2 p.m. The high school has invited us to participate in this event. We encourage all students to wear “Blue and White” and show their pride in our community. At 3pm the high school will be hosting a carnival and students may attend.
Dr. E. Kliszus
Dr. M. Combs
Ms. C Rascona
Ms. C. Zidik